Friday, 14 December 2012

An illusionary allusion

To say I was enamoured is an understatement
I was bewitched smitten besotted infatuated

head-over-heels in fact but oh the agony
the anguish the pain and brutal dismay

our love struck me as sacrosanct and sacred
maybe perhaps I was in awe of your beauty

now suckered succumbed I’m gasping with fury
I was flattered duped humped and dumped

I’m jaded faded and weary Diana
stranded outside to the left of Nirvana

…if ever there was an allusion to an illusion.

Written for Kellie Elmore's Free Write Friday, which you can see here.

3 comments:

  1. A good light read for a Saturday morning, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile:
    now suckered succumbed I’m gasping with fury
    I was flattered duped humped and dumped

    Good take on the prompts. Nice to meet you and explore your interesting blog. Hugs, pat

    ReplyDelete